Safety Foundations Certificate
This entry-level certificate program is designed to provide knowledge of safety fundamentals to those looking to advance their understanding and awareness of workplace safety, or to increase employment opportunities in construction or general industries.
The 30-hour Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s (OSHA) Outreach Training Program safety course provides a variety of safety subjects and in-depth, industry-specific training and is intended for supervisors and workers with some safety and health responsibility. The 30-hour course is the foundation of this program.
- Learn workplace hazard recognition, avoidance, control, and prevention
- Understand emergency action and fire prevention plans
- Learn the requirements of an effective workplace accident/incident investigation
- Understand the essential elements of an effective safety program
- Understand the OSHA requirements for recordkeeping, posting and reporting of workplace illnesses and injuries
- Students receive a 30-hour OSHA Outreach card upon successful completion
Who Should Participate
Individuals seeking to enhance employment opportunities in which an understanding of workplace safety and health responsibilities is required or recommended.
The Safety Foundations program is perfect for expanding the knowledge of workplace safety and health for those currently working and looking to increase employment opportunities. Certificate holders may qualify for positions such as worker-safety and support personnel.
- Requires four (4) courses. A minimum of 3 of the courses must be taken with Chabot-Las Positas Community College District – OSHA Training Institute Education Center
- Only OSHA numbered courses taken through an OSHA Training Institute Education Center will be accepted; online courses will not be accepted
- All courses applied towards certificates must have been taken within the previous 5 years
- Course Fees: Total cost is approximately $1,575.00
- Application Fee: $99.00
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs): 5.0 minimum
Questions or to Register: Call 866-936-6742 (OSHA) or contact us online.