This course covers the role and responsibility of the employer to develop and implement an energy control program, or lock-out/tag-out (LOTO) for the protection of workers while performing servicing and maintenance activities on machinery and equipment. Upon course completion the student will have the ability to explain the importance of energy control programs, procedures, training, audits and methods of controlling hazardous energy.
- Types of hazardous energy
- Detecting hazardous conditions
- Implementing control measures as they relate to the control of hazardous energy
- Developing and implementing energy control programs including written isolation procedures
- Training of authorized and affected employees
- Inspection of energy control procedures using the OSHA Control of Hazardous Energy Standard
Continuing Education Units
- Payment by credit card, check or purchase order or call 1-866-936-6742.
- This class can be taught at your facility. Call 1-866-936-6742.