OSHA 3085 – Principles of Scaffolding
This course covers the requirements for construction and the safe construction and use of scaffolding using the OSHA construction scaffold standard as a guide. Course topics include hazards associated with scaffold design, assembly, disassembly and use, types of scaffolds, determining scaffold capacity, employee qualifications and training, and maintenance, repair, and inspection requirements. Students will participate in workshops to reinforce concepts of safe scaffolding. Upon course completion students will have the ability to identify the types of scaffolds and their components, determine safe assembly, use, and disassembly, and recognize common violations of OSHA Standards.
Who should attend:
- Employers, managers, employees or employee representatives involved in working around, near, with and/or on scaffolds.
- Types of scaffolds
- Roles and responsibilities of personnel
- Scaffold construction hazards
- Scaffold design hazards
- Scaffold capacity hazards
- Scaffold erection and disassembly hazards
- Scaffold access/egress
- OSHA standards
- Scaffold type requirements
- Scaffold user training
- Scaffold erection, disassembly, and maintenance training
- Applicable OSHA standards to scaffold training
Continuing Education Units
- CEUs – 2.4
- Payment by credit card, check or purchase order or call 1-866-936-6742.
- This class can be taught at your facility. Call 1-866-936-6742.