This course focuses on describing noise hazards in the workplace. Classroom demonstrations of noise instrumentation and hearing protection devices are featured. The target audience is the employer or representative designated with the responsibility to develop a noise program. At the conclusion of this course, students will describe sound properties and their relationship to noise-induced hearing loss, hearing protection usage, and using a sound level meter.
- OSHA occupational noise exposure standards
- Properties of sound
- Noise-induced hearing loss
- Noise exposure control
- Selection and use of hearing protection
- Sound level surveys
- Noise dosimetry
- Worker training requirements
Continuing Education Units
- Payment by credit card, check or purchase order or call 1-866-936-6742.
- This class can be taught at your facility. Call 1-866-936-6742.