This course is designed for warehouse workers and will focus on many hazards that are likely to be encountered in warehouse operations. It has been shown that warehousing has become an increasingly hazardous area to work in. OSHA identifies public storage and warehousing as one of several industries with a high lost time claims rate. Injuries may occur from forklifts; material handling and lifting; exposure to hazardous substances; and slips, trips and falls.
Upon course completion, students will have the ability to recognize the potential for injuries from forklifts, material handling and lifting, ergonomics, exposure to hazardous substances, slips, trips, and falls and methods to control and abate these hazards.
- Proper use of forklifts, powered industrial trucks (PITs)
- Hazard communication (GHS)
- Proper material handling, stacking, and lifting ergonomics
- Slips, trips, and falls/walking and working surfaces
- Exit routes, emergency action and fire prevention plans
Continuing Education Units
- Payment by credit card, check or purchase order or call 1-866-936-6742.
- This class can be taught at your facility. Call 1-866-936-6742.