If you are in the restaurant or beverage industry and offer takeout or curbside pickup services during the COVID-19 pandemic, the following tips can help reduce workers’ risk of exposure to the coronavirus:
- Avoid direct hand-off, when possible.
- Display a door or sidewalk sign with the services available (e.g., take-out, curbside), instructions for pickup, and hours of operation.
- Reserve parking spaces near the front door for curbside pickup only.
- Train workers in proper hygiene practices and the use of workplace controls.
- Allow workers to wear masks over their nose and mouth to prevent spread of the virus.
- Provide a place to wash hands and alcohol-based hand rubs containing at least 60% alcohol.
- Practice sensible social distancing by maintaining six feet between co-workers and customers. Mark six-foot distances with floor tape in pickup lines.
- Encourage customers to pay ahead of time by phone or online
For more information: COVID-19 Guidance for Restaurants & Beverage Vendors Offering Takeout or Curbside Pickup (Spanish)