All employers are required to notify OSHA when an employee is killed on the job or suffers a work-related hospitalization, amputation, or loss of an eye.
- A fatality must be reported within 8 hours.
- An in-patient hospitalization, amputation, or eye loss must be reported within 24 hours.
To Make a Report
- Call the nearest OSHA office.
- Call the OSHA 24-hour hotline at 800-321-6742(OSHA).
- Report online
- Be prepared to supply: Business name; names of employees affected; location and time of the incident, brief description of the incident; contact person and phone number.