OSHA 5400 - Trainer Course for Maritime
Course Description: For those who are interested in teaching the 10-hour and 30-hour maritime safety and health outreach classes to employees and other interested groups. Course participants learn effective instructional approaches and the successful use of visual aids and handouts. This course authorizes the student to become a trainer in the Maritime Outreach Trainer Program and to conduct both 10- and 30-hour maritime safety and health courses for shipyard employment, marine terminals, and longshoring, and to issue cards to participants verifying course completion.
1. OSHA #5410 Occupational Safety and Health Standards for the Maritime Industry
2. Three years maritime industry experience and at least one of the following:
- Two years of occupational safety and health experience (with a broad focus) in any industry
- A degree in occupational safety and health from an accredited college or university
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) designation
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) designation
- Certified Marine Chemist (CMC) designation
- Certified Safety Health Manager (CSHM) designation
- OTC Certified Safety and Health Official (Level III)
OSHA #5400 Prerequisite Eligibility Form
NOTE: Students must prepare a presentation on an assigned maritime industry topic individually or as part of a group, and successfully pass a written exam at the end of the course to become an authorized OSHA Maritime Industry Outreach Trainer. Outreach Trainers must attend OSHA #5402 Update for Maritime Industry Outreach Trainers or retake OSHA #5400 at least once every four (4) years to maintain their authorized trainer status.
Continuing Education Units:
BCSP COC Points - 3.0
OTC CEUs - 3.0
1. Register online and pay by credit card, check or purchase order.
2. Register by mail - Download class registration form.
3. Groups of 6 or more? Call 1-866-936-6742 for a group discount.
4. This class can be taught at your facility. Request an on-site quote.