This course covers a proactive approach to reducing the use of hazardous chemicals in the workplace by transitioning to safer alternatives. In particular, participants will use OSHA’s seven-step substitution planning process. The course features workshops and hands-on activities with the use of various online chemical databases and tools.
Who Should Attend
The ideal audience is purchasing staff, maintenance supervisors, facility managers, and workers who utilize hazardous chemicals at their worksites, along with occupational safety and health professionals who provide technical assistance on the control of chemical hazards.
Upon course completion participants will have the ability to recognize and evaluate hazardous chemicals in their workplace, assess safer alternatives, and implement those alternatives.
- Evaluating and assessing current chemical usage
- Identification and comparison of safer alternatives
- Safer chemical selection
- Implementation alternatives
NOTE: Students are strongly encouraged to bring a laptop computer (or other device) with Wi-Fi capabilities for use during this course.
Continuing Education Units
- Payment by credit card, check or purchase order or call 1-866-936-6742.
- This class can be taught at your facility. Call 1-866-936-6742.