This course covers OSHA ergonomic guidelines for safe patient handling and methods to protect workers in all health care settings. Using OSHA’s Ergonomics Guidelines for Nursing Homes as a basis for any healthcare facility, this course focuses on analyzing and identifying ergonomic hazards and practical solutions to address these issues. Upon course completion students will have the ability to apply “OSHA’s Ergonomics Guidelines for Nursing Homes” in their healthcare facility, understand the benefits of implementing an ergonomics process, and identify, analyze and develop solutions for ergonomic problem jobs in healthcare.
- Developing an ergonomic work process
- Risk factors in patient handling and transfers
- Identifying work processes with the potential for musculoskeletal injuries and illnesses
- Protocol for resident and patient assessment
- Implementing solutions including work practices
- Engineering controls
Continuing Education Units
- Payment by credit card, check or purchase order or call 1-866-936-6742.
- This class can be taught at your facility. Call 1-866-936-6742.