OSHA Standards for General Industry - OSHA 511
Prerequisite to OSHA 501 Trainer for General Industry
View the upcoming OSHA 511 Course Schedule
Course Description: This course covers Federal OSHA policies, procedures and standards, as well as general industry safety and health principles and is the prerequisite course to the OSHA 501 Trainer Course for General Industry. Topics include scope and application of the OSHA General Industry Standards. Special emphasis is placed on those areas that are the most hazardous in non-construction industries, using OSHA standards as a guide. Learn to apply the appropriate Federal OSHA standard that applies to hazards in General Industry.
OSHA 511 Course Topics Include:
- Effects of Workplace injuries and illnesses
- Mission and importance of OSHA in the workplace
- Organization, origin, codification of OSHA Standards
- Processes and Rules for OSHA inspections, citations, penalties and policies
- OSHA recordkeeping requirements for injuries and illnesses and OSHA forms 300, 300A, and 301
- OSHA programs including safety and health management systems, and Injury and Illness Prevention Programs (IIPP)
- Federal OSHA Standards that protect workers from and describe requirements of:
- Walking and working surfaces hazards - 29 CFR 1910- Subpart D
- Emergencies including fire protection - 29 CFR 1910- Subpart E
- Machinery hazards - 29 CFR 1910- Subpart O
- Personal Protective Equipment- 29 CFR 1910- Subpart I
- Hazardous Materials - 29 CFR 1910- Subpart H
- Common Health hazards - 29 CFR 1910- Subparts G and Z
- Materials Handling and Storage hazards - 29 CFR 1910- Subpart N
- Permit-Required Confined Space hazards - 29 CFR 1910.146
- Electrical hazards - 29 CFR 1910- Subpart S
- Hazardous energy hazards - 29 CFR 1910.147
- Welding, cutting, brazing hazards - 29 CFR 1910- Subpart Q
- Hand and portable powered tool hazards - 29 CFR 1910- Subpart P
Continuing Education Units:
- BCSP COC Points* - 2.6
- ABIH CM Points - 4.34 Safety
- OTC CEUs - 2.6
*Review the Board of Certified Safety Professional's Recertification Guide for details on converting course contact hours to BCSP points.
1. Register online and pay by credit card, check or purchase order.
2. Register by mail - Download class registration form.
3. Groups of 6 or more? Call 1-866-936-6742 for a group discount.
4. This class can be taught at your facility. Request an on-site quote.