The Bureau of Labor Statistics’ Census of Fatal Occupational Injuries (CFOI) reported 52 fatal falls to lower levels from scaffolding in 2020. All of these could have been controlled by compliance with OSHA standards.
The following references aid in recognizing scaffolds and the hazards associated with scaffolding in the workplace.
- Working Safely with Scissor Lifts. OSHA Hazard Alert (Publication 3842)
- Ladder Jack Scaffolds – Supported Scaffolds. OSHA Fact Sheet (Publication 3857)
- Tube and Coupler Scaffolds – Planning and Design. OSHA Fact Sheet (Publication 3760)
- Tube and Coupler Scaffolds – Erection and Use. OSHA Fact Sheet (Publication 3759)
- Narrow Frame Scaffolds. OSHA Fact Sheet (Publication 3722), (April 2014).
Find more resources on OSHA’s Scaffolding webpage.
Upcoming OSHA #3085 Principles of Scaffolding Classes