The OSHA Training Center at Chabot-Las Positas Community College District is offering upcoming OSHA standards-based training classes designed to help counter construction industry hazards that consistently rank among the most frequently cited standards by the Federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
OSHA publishes its annual Top Ten list of the most frequently cited violations resulting from worksite inspections to alert employers and workers to be proactive in identifying and correcting the most common workplace hazards.
Fall protection, scaffolding and ladders rank first, third and seventh on OSHA’s 2014 Top Ten list of most frequent violations, as they have for the last several years. By providing a variety of construction-related safety and health training classes in locations throughout California, Nevada and Arizona, the OSHA Training Center is striving to help employers and workers reduce the risks associated with common and preventable construction worksite hazards.
Upcoming OSHA Training Center classes that address OSHA’s most frequently cited construction standards include:
OSHA 510 – OSHA Standards for the Construction Industry, which covers OSHA Standards, policies and procedures in the construction industry, including scope and application of OSHA Construction Standards and construction safety and health principles, with special emphasis on those areas in construction which are most hazardous.
- May 12-22 and July 13-16 | Phoenix, AZ – Gateway Community College
- May 16-24 | Las Vegas, NV Area
- May 26-29 | San Francisco Bay Area – Dublin, CA
- June 8-11 | Sacramento, CA Safety Center
- June 15-18 | Southern CA – Carson
- July 14-17 | Southern CA – Fullerton
OSHA 500 – Trainer Course in OSHA Standards for the Construction Industry, which is designed for individuals interested in teaching the 10- and 30-hour construction safety and health Outreach Training Program to their employees and other interested groups. Using OSHA Construction Standards as a guide, special emphasis is placed on those topics required in the 10- and 30-hour programs as well as those which are most hazardous.
- April 20-23 and July 6-9 | Southern CA – Carson
- April 27-30 and June 15-18 | San Francisco Bay Area – Dublin, CA
- May 9-17 | Southern CA – Bakersfield
- May 11-21 and June 15-18 | Phoenix, AZ – Gateway Community College
- July 14-17 | Sacramento, CA Safety Center
- August 4-7 | Southern CA – Fullerton
OSHA 502 – Update for Construction Industry Outreach Trainers, a refresher course for those who have completed OSHA 500 and are authorized construction trainers in the OSHA Outreach Training Program, provides an update on OSHA construction standards, policies and regulations.
- May 4-6 | Las Vegas, NV Area
- May 11-13 | Southern CA – Carson
- June 22-24 | Phoenix, AZ – Gateway Community College
- July 14-16 | Sacramento, CA Safety Center
OSHA 3115 – Fall Protection, which provides an overview of state-of-the-art fall protection technology and current OSHA requirements. Topics include principles of fall protection, components and limitations of fall arrest systems and OSHA Standards and policies regarding fall protection.
- May 19-21 | San Francisco Bay Area – Dublin, CA
- June 13-15 | Southern CA – Bakersfield
- August 21-23 | Southern CA – Carson
OTC 301 – Scaffolding Safety Standards, which covers OSHA Standards for various types of scaffolding, including supported, suspended and aerial lifts; how scaffolds work; and how to perform basic load analysis.
- July 13-15 | San Francisco Bay Area – Dublin, CA
Visit the OSHA Training Center Safety Training Courses webpage for our full schedule or to register for classes.