The certificate program in Public Sector Safety & Health Fundamentals supports OSHA’s mission by training public sector employees in occupational safety and health to reduce incident rates for workers in state and local governments. Participants have the opportunity to earn certificates for Construction and General Industry training.
Participants can choose from a variety of topics such as occupational safety and health standards for construction or general industry, safety and health management, accident investigation, fall hazard awareness, and recordkeeping. Although this program was primarily designed for public sector employees, it is available for anyone interested in furthering their knowledge of occupational safety and health.
How You Will Benefit
- Understand OSHA standards and how they affect public sector organizations
- Learn the fundamentals needed to deal with potential hazards
- Reduce injuries and health problems among your co-workers
- Understand the essential elements of an effective safety program
- Develop accident investigation skills
- Gain knowledge of changing regulations, guidance documents and regulatory interpretations
- Demonstrate competency when dealing with regulatory agencies
Participants in the Public Sector Safety & Health Fundamentals Certificate Program can customize their program to reflect their own areas of interest by pursuing the Construction or General Industry Public Sector Safety & Health Fundamentals certificate and through a selection of core required courses and electives.