Safety professionals who wish to be authorized by OSHA to teach 10- and 30-hour Maritime Industry Outreach Training Program classes for shipyard employment, marine terminals and longshoring must fulfill the following requirements:
- Three years of maritime industry experience
- One of the following:
- Two years of occupational safety and health experience (with a broad focus) in any industry
- A degree in occupational safety and health from an accredited college or university
- Associated Safety Professional (ASP)
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)
- Certified Marine Chemist (CMC)
- Certified Safety and Health Manager (CSHM)
- Completion of OSHA 5410 – OSHA Standards for the Maritime Industry and OSHA 5400 – Trainer Course for the Maritime Industry.
The OSHA Training Center is offering OSHA 5400 – Trainer Course for the Maritime Industry in Dublin, CA, on October 11-14, 2016, as well as March and September, 2017. The OSHA Training Center is offering OSHA 5410 – OSHA Standards for the Maritime Industry in Dublin, CA, in May and July, 2017.