Cal/OSHA has scheduled an advisory committee meeting on the topic of Globally Harmonized Systems (GHS) to Cal/OSHA’s Title 8 Section 5194 Hazard Communication Standard. The meeting is a follow-up to the Cal/OSHA Standards Board GHS meeting on November 15, 2012.
The November 15, 2012 Standards Board meeting focused on adopting the portions of the Federal OSHA HAZCOM/GHS standard that are required through the Horcher process. The intent of the April 9, 2013 meeting is to address the items that are not mandated by Federal OSHA Standards and public comments received from the November 15, 2012 meeting. Below is the agenda for the April 9, 2013 meeting:
- Source Lists–definition of hazardous chemical and Subsections (d)(3) and (d)(4)
- Communication for substances for which there is one positive scientifically valid study demonstrating an effect
- Definition of a health hazard and subsection (d)(2) and Appendix A
- Statement regarding testing–Subsection (d)(2)
- Mixture percentages–1% and 0.1%
- Labeling–Time to revise labels 3 vs. 6 months Subsection (f)(11)
- Other GHS issues and Title 8 Sections for discussion
The meeting will be held at:
1515 Clay St.
2nd Floor Room 1
Oakland, CA 94612
For additional resources and information on HAZCOM and the Globally Harmonized System, visit our HAZCOM/GHS resource page for a GHS overview presentation, HAZCOM articles, and GHS and HAZCOM websites. The OSHA Training Center at Chabot-Las Positas Community College District is authorized by OSHA to deliver their safety training courses for construction, general industry, maritime, and Cal/OSHA throughout California, Arizona, Hawaii, Nevada, Guam, and American Samoa. Visit our website at www.osha4you.com or contact us at 866-936-6742 for additional information.