OTC 310 – Workplace Violence Prevention and Survival
Workplace violence is a definitive, recognized hazard that must be addressed by all businesses. This 3-day high energy, interactive skills development class is designed to work with your agency’s written policy in an effort to give your staff a tactical edge in preventing and surviving workplace violence. Using a common sense approach to safety, students will learn a wide variety of techniques and strategies they can use to make their workplace a safer environment creating a “survival attitude.”
Students will learn:
- Federal/State requirements
- Violence in the workplace policy writing
- Conflict resolution/verbal defense
- Fixed site/field personnel safety
- Active Shooter/Hostage Situations
- Mail/bomb/violence threats
- Improvised explosive devices
- Self-defense skills training (dogs, knives, guns)
- Tactical driving strategies
- Shelter-in-place (hazardous materials exposure)
- Legal issues relating to lawful resistance
- Live practical skills exercises
Continuing Education Units
- CEUs – 3.0
- Payment by credit card, check or purchase order or call 1-866-936-6742.
- This class can be taught at your facility. Call 1-866-936-6742.
Upcoming Course Dates
There are no upcoming events.