Workplace Violence Prevention and Survival - OTC 310
Workplace violence is a definitive, recognized hazard that must be addressed by all businesses. This 3-day high energy, interactive skills development class is designed to work with your agency's written policy in an effort to give your staff a tactical edge in preventing and surviving workplace violence. Using a common sense approach to safety, students will learn a wide variety of techniques and strategies they can use to make their workplace a safer environment creating a "survival attitude."
Students will learn:
- Federal/State requirements
- Violence in the workplace policy writing
- Conflict resolution/verbal defense
- Fixed site/field personnel safety
- Active Shooter/Hostage Situations
- Mail/bomb/violence threats
- Improvised explosive devices
- Self-defense skills training (dogs, knives, guns)
- Tactical driving strategies
- Shelter-in-place (hazardous materials exposure)
- Legal issues relating to lawful resistance
- Live practical skills exercises
Continuing Education Units:
BCSP COC Points - 3.0
OTC CEUs - 3.0
1. Register online and pay by credit card, check or purchase order.
2. Register by mail - Download class registration form.
3. Groups of 6 or more? Call 1-866-936-6742 for a group discount.
4. This class can be taught at your facility. Request an on-site quote.
photo credit: North Carolina National Guard
via photopin cc