Developed in partnership with CAL/OSHA, this 4-day course emphasizes Title 8 general industry standards and compliance. Topics include
- Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP)
- Multi-employer and dual employer
- Machinery and machine guarding
- Hazardous materials
- Confined space
- Industrial hygiene
- Lock out/tag out
- Electrical safety
- Heat Illness Prevention
- Many other safety topics
The course also provides existing OSHA Outreach Trainers an endorsement authorizing them to teach 10- & 30-hr Cal/OSHA general industry outreach courses.
In 2010 Cal/OSHA and Federal OSHA established a partnership wherein authorized Federal Outreach Trainers, who fulfill additional eligibility requirements, can also teach Federal 10 and 30 Hour courses based on the California Code of Regulations, Title 8. The same requirements apply in the delivery of the Cal/OSHA 10 and 30 Hour Outreach Courses. For more information go to OSHA Outreach Training: Cal/OSHA Partnership Program.
NOTE: For those who want to receive a Cal/OSHA Outreach Trainer certification, additional prerequisites are: OSHA #501 Trainer Course for General Industry or OSHA #503 Update for General Industry Outreach Trainers (must be a current trainer) AND one year of Cal/OSHA general industry safety experience.
Continuing Education Units:
BCSP COC Points - 3.0
OTC CEUs - 3.0
1. Register online and pay by credit card, check or purchase order.
2. Register by mail - Download class registration form.
3. Groups of 6 or more? Call 1-866-936-6742 for a group discount.
4. This class can be taught at your facility. Request an on-site quote.