Course Description: Participants in this one-day
course will be able to understand recent changes to Cal/OSHA general
industry standards and understand legal decisions affecting general
Participants in this course will learn about the most significant
changes within Cal/OSHA that affect the general industry. Topics
include review of Cal/OSHA’s most recent strategic plan, a summary of
the most recent changes within Cal/OSHA’s enforcement and consultation
units, updates to Cal/OSHA procedures that affect general industry
businesses, an update on new and proposed Cal/OSHA standards, navigation
of the Cal/OSHA website and Cal/OSHA publications and resources.
The Cal/OSHA #5039 course also updates the OSHA #5119 Cal/OSHA Standards for General Industry and continues the student’s authorization to teach both 10-hour and 30-hour Cal/OSHA Outreach Program.
In 2010 Cal/OSHA and Federal OSHA established a partnership wherein authorized Federal Outreach Trainers, who fulfill additional eligibility requirements, can also teach Federal 10 and 30 Hour courses based on the California Code of Regulations, Title 8. The same requirements apply in the delivery of the Cal/OSHA 10 and 30 Hour Outreach Courses. For more information go to OSHA Outreach Training: Cal/OSHA Partnership Program.
The Cal/OSHA #5039 course also updates the OSHA #5119 Cal/OSHA Standards for General and continues the student’s authorization to teach both 10-hour and 30-hour Cal/OSHA Outreach Program.
Prior to enrollment, students must provide the following:
- Verification of Prerequisite Form OSHA Outreach Update Eligibility
- Proof of your trainer status. Acceptable forms of proof are: a copy of your OSHA 501/OSHA 503 Trainer card with Cal/OSHA sticker or Cal/OSHA Outreach Trainer Card (newest plastic version) or Certificates of Completion.
NOTE: Cal/OSHA Expiration: These cards expire on the same date as the Outreach Trainer card.
Continuing Education Units:
BCSP COC Points - .75
OTC CEUs - .75
1. Register online and pay by credit card, check or purchase order.
2. Register by mail - Download class registration form.
3. Groups of 6 or more? Call 1-866-936-6742 for a group discount.
4. This class can be taught at your facility. Request an on-site quote.